Autumn Rejuvenation Yoga Day Retreat
Sunday 12th September 2021 – 10.30am to 4.00pm
*Currently 4 spaces left
**For those coming to this Yoga Day – please try to arrive around 10.15am for a 10.30am start if you can. This is to ensure we can start on time and make the most of our time together.
This is my first yoga day retreat since lockdown so it will be a lovely opportunity to reconnect both for myself with my yogis but also to connect as a small group with like-minded people.
I am holding this yoga day retreat around the time of the Autumn Equinox as it always feels auspicious to hold these “group” events around these times of seasonal transition. By staying close to the rhythms of nature we are reminded that we are part of a much bigger picture and we also get to benefit from the high energy around these transitions in the year particularly when we come together as a group with a shared intention.
The Autumn Equinox represents a point of balance between the Summer Solstice and the Winter Solstice. Autumn is thus a period of transition from the more “yang” and active summer months to the more “yin” and slower winter months. In itself it is a “yin” season as everything starts to slow down. All around us change is clear to see in this season: changes in weather and in nature, days become shorter, rhythms shift and we begin to move towards a more mellow, softer time, encouraging us to look inwards and reflect.
We will start our day together with an energising Hatha yoga class in the morning to get our energy up and warm our bodies. This will also include time for meditation and relaxation.
We will then take a short break for lunch together after our morning session. Similar to my previous yoga day retreats I would ask that you bring your own lunch with you, however, I will be providing various teas, coffee, juices, water as well as biscuits, nibbles and healthy snacks, etc. for everyone to enjoy. We have access to a kitchen so there will be a fridge there if anyone needs to keep their lunch in the fridge!
The afternoon will include a nourishing and restorative Yin yoga class and we will round the day off with a deeply relaxing Sound Bath.
As with previous days, the idea behind the day is to allow for plenty of “you” time and peace and quiet away from your otherwise busy lives. The setting is very tranquil in a beautiful little village so there really will be a sense of getting away from it all. We also have exclusive use of the venue so it will provide a lovely setting for some rest and rejuvenation.
Cost of the day: £50
Places are currently limited to 18 people to ensure that everyone is comfortable and to allow for social distancing within the room. I don’t yet know whether this situation will change come September – in terms of social distancing – so it might be that we can include a few more but for now I will limit to 18 as under the circumstances it is better to allow more space. Please scroll down for how to book.
What to bring:
- A yoga mat – for hygiene reasons I will not be able to bring any mats with me
- A blanket (to keep nice and warm in relaxation and also to use as a prop during our yin yoga practice)
- A cushion (just any cushion from your sofa – again to use for comfort in meditation and/or as a prop)
- Please bring any yoga blocks and/or straps, bolsters, etc. that you may already have. Again, on account of hygiene (health & safety) I will not be able to provide any props so please just bring anything you have. I will make sure to provide options within poses that do not require props in the event that you don’t have any to hand.
- An item to place on our altar (optional): If you wish you can bring a small item to place on our altar that will absorb the positive energies and vibrations of the day to take home with you. This could be a crystal, an item of sentimental value, a photo of a loved one or someone who needs healing, an item belonging to someone else who can then benefit from the energies of our day together. There are no rules, just whatever you wish to bring. It is not imperative though – just if you want to!
- A packed lunch
- Please bring a mug along for tea/drinks
- An open mind, a willing heart and a smile ૐ
The Meadow Room,
The Street, Cobham, Kent
If you zoom in on the map below it gives a really clear description of the locality.
It is about 15/20 minutes drive from Dartford and very easy to find – just have a quick look at Google Maps beforehand.
Parking: There is ample parking right next to the hall – enough for over 30 cars. Please note that as we have exclusive use of the hall on the day the hall manager has advised me that it is perfectly okay to park in the disabled bays and on the hatched areas (if need be) as these are just for use of hall users and not the general public.
How to book:
Please note that places are limited to 18 people, and as such payment is required to confirm your booking. You can pay by cash or bank transfer (please contact me for details). Bookings can be made directly with me in class or you can contact me via email: email@example.com
Terms & conditions:
I am fully aware that eventualities often arise and as such the following T&Cs apply:
In the event of cancellation
– 15 days or more prior to the workshop: 100% of your payment will be refunded.
– 8-14 days prior to the workshop: 50% of your payment will be refunded.
– 7 days or less prior to the workshop: payments are non-refundable.
Please note that I am happy for you to transfer your place to a friend if you are unable to attend. If this is the case please do still inform me of the change of attendee.
These T&Cs are in place as late cancellations make it very difficult to reallocate spaces that would otherwise have been filled. In the event that you cancel late but I am able to find someone else to take your place then I will refund your payment.