Spring Awakening Yoga Day Retreat
Sunday 24th March 2019 – 10.30am to 4.30pm
*[Update 21/03/19: Currently 2 spaces left]
I will be holding my next retreat day around the time of the Spring Equinox. Also known as the Festival of Balance and Potential, the Equinox represents a point of balance when light and dark are in perfect balance bringing balance, union and harmony into our lives. It also signifies the return of the light, the warm air and the Earth awakening after a long winter, all encouraging us to listen to what is yearning to come forth and blossom within us. This makes it the perfect time to come together as a group to celebrate the arrival of Spring through our yoga practice.
We will start our day together with a more “yang” Hatha yoga class in the morning to get our energy up and warm our bodies, including time for meditation and savasana relaxation. We will then take a short break for lunch together.
Similar to my previous yoga day retreats I would ask that you bring your own lunch with you, however, I will be providing various teas, coffee, juices, water as well as biscuits, nibbles and healthy snacks, etc. for everyone to enjoy. We have access to a kitchen so there will be a fridge there if anyone needs to keep their lunch in the fridge!
The afternoon will include a little chanting, a relaxing “yin” yoga session, pranayama, yoga nidra and a Gong and sound bath. The whole day is structured to allow for plenty of “you” time and peace and quiet away from your otherwise busy lives. It is also designed to help support you during this seasonal transition leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
As with previous days, the idea behind the day is to allow for plenty of “you” time and peace and quiet away from your otherwise busy lives. The setting is very tranquil in a beautiful little village so there really will be a sense of getting away from it all. We also have exclusive use of the venue so it will provide a lovely setting for some rest and rejuvenation.
I look forward to sharing this special day with you all. Namaste ૐ
Cost of the day:
Early bird price (until 3 March 2019): £45
Standard price: £50
What to bring:
- A yoga mat – please bring your own yoga mat. I have so much to bring with me that I can no longer fit additional yoga mats into my little car. If you need any advice on which yoga mat to get or where to buy one please ask me or read my blog post about buying your first yoga mat.
- A blanket (to keep nice and warm in relaxation and also to use as a prop during our yin yoga practice)
- A cushion (just any cushion from your sofa – again to use for comfort in meditation and/or as a prop)
- Please bring any yoga blocks and/or straps, bolsters, etc. that you may already have. No need to buy any specifically though as I will bring all my props with me
- An item to place on our altar – so this is optional. If you wish you can bring a small item to place on our altar that will absorb the positive energies and vibrations of the day to take home with you. This could be a crystal, an item of sentimental value, a photo of a loved one or someone who needs healing, an item belonging to someone else who can then benefit from the energies of our day together. There are no rules, just whatever you wish to bring. It is not imperative though – just if you want to!
- A packed lunch
- Please bring a mug along for tea/drinks
- An open mind, a willing heart and a smile ૐ
The Meadow Room,
The Street, Cobham, Kent
If you zoom in on the map below it gives a really clear description of the locality.
It is about 15/20 minutes drive from Dartford and very easy to find – just have a quick look at Google Maps beforehand but I found it no problem at all and I am not a great lover of driving!
Parking: There is ample parking right next to the hall – enough for over 30 cars. Please note that as we have exclusive use of the hall on the day the hall manager has advised me that it is perfectly okay to park in the disabled bays and on the hatched areas (if need be) as these are just for use of hall users and not the general public.
How to book:
Please note that places are limited to 24 people and bookings will only be taken with payment. You can pay by cash or bank transfer (please contact me for details).
Bookings can be made directly with me in class or you can contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone/text on 07932 621415
Terms & conditions:
I am fully aware that eventualities often arise and as such the following T&Cs apply:
In the event of cancellation
– 15 days or more prior to the workshop: 100% of your payment will be refunded.
– 8-14 days prior to the workshop: 50% of your payment will be refunded.
– 7 days or less prior to the workshop: payments are non-refundable.
Please note that I am happy for you to transfer your place to a friend if you are unable to attend. If this is the case please do still inform me of the change of attendee.
These T&Cs are in place as late cancellations make it very difficult to reallocate spaces that would otherwise have been filled. In the event that you cancel late but I am able to find someone else to take your place then I will refund your payment.