Nourishing Winter Warmer Yoga Day Retreat
Sunday 20th January 2019 – 10.30am to 4.30pm
*For those of you booked onto the day, please aim to arrive for 10.15am for a prompt 10.30am start. Details of what to bring are listed below.
*Update 18/01/19: One space has just become available due to a cancellation on account of an unforeseen injury. Should anyone wish to take up this space please contact me.
I have decided that it would be nice to begin the New Year with a Winter Yoga Gathering. This will take place on Sunday 20th January at The Meadow Room in Cobham, Kent from 10.30am to 4.30pm.
It will already have been a month since the Winter Solstice so we will be well into the Winter season and a couple of weeks into the New Year. We will use our time together to celebrate the transition to the New Year, to nourish ourselves by detoxing and cleansing our bodies after the festivities of Christmas and New Year, to help focus and support any healthy living resolutions and/or intentions you may have set for yourselves for the year to come and to help us to generate heat in the cooler Winter months.
The precise structure of the day will evolve over the coming months but I will use the various practices we explore during the day to support the Winter season and to help us leave feeling nourished and restored. The day will include a mix of warming yang and soothing yin yoga practices, pranayama, meditation, possibly some chanting or mantra meditation, a sound bath with Gong and Tibetan singing bowls, relaxation and anything else I can dream up between now and then!
Similar to my previous yoga day retreats I would ask that you bring your own lunch with you, however, I will be providing various teas, coffee, juices, water as well as biscuits, nibbles and healthy snacks, etc. for everyone to enjoy. We have access to a kitchen so there will be a fridge there if anyone needs to keep their lunch in the fridge!
As with previous days, the idea behind the day is to allow for plenty of “you” time and peace and quiet away from your otherwise busy lives. The setting is very tranquil in a beautiful little village so there really will be a sense of getting away from it all. We also have exclusive use of the venue so it will provide a lovely setting for some rest and rejuvenation.
Cost of the day:
Early bird price (until 14 December 2018): £45
Standard price: £50
Please note that places are limited to a maximum of 26 people to ensure that everyone is comfortable in the room. This number has been tried and tested within the room now. Please scroll down for how to book.
What to bring:
- A yoga mat – please bring your own yoga mat. I have so much to bring with me that I can no longer fit additional yoga mats into my little car. If you need any advice on which yoga mat to get or where to buy one please ask me or read my blog post about buying your first yoga mat.
- A blanket (to keep nice and warm in relaxation and also to use as a prop during our yin yoga practice)
- A cushion (just any cushion from your sofa – again to use for comfort in meditation and/or as a prop)
- Please bring any yoga blocks and/or straps, bolsters, etc. that you may already have. No need to buy any specifically though as I will bring all my props with me
- An item to place on our altar – so this is optional. If you wish you can bring a small item to place on our altar that will absorb the positive energies and vibrations of the day to take home with you. This could be a crystal, an item of sentimental value, a photo of a loved one or someone who needs healing, an item belonging to someone else who can then benefit from the energies of our day together. There are no rules, just whatever you wish to bring. It is not imperative though – just if you want to!
- A packed lunch
- Please bring a mug along for tea/drinks
- An open mind, a willing heart and a smile ૐ
The Meadow Room,
The Street, Cobham, Kent
If you zoom in on the map below it gives a really clear description of the locality.
It is about 15/20 minutes drive from Dartford and very easy to find – just have a quick look at Google Maps beforehand but I found it no problem at all and I am not a great lover of driving!
Parking: There is ample parking right next to the hall – enough for over 30 cars.
To book your space on this retreat day please contact me either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone, text or even WhatsApp on 07932 621415 or in person in class.
How to book:
Please note that your place is only booked with payment. You can pay by cash or by bank transfer (please contact me for details).
Please ensure you have read the Terms and Conditions of your booking. These are important to read particularly in the event that you should have to cancel your booking.
I look forward to sharing this special day with you all. Namaste ૐ