Christmas Chill-Out Half-Day Yoga Retreat – SOLD OUT
Sunday 8th December 2019 – 10.30am* to 1.30pm
(Please aim to arrive for 10.15am so that we can start promptly)
This is my last event for 2019 and is now sold out with a waiting list in operation – please contact me if you would like your name to be added.
The idea behind this half-day yoga retreat is to offer some “chill-out” time amidst the hustle and bustle of the run-up to Christmas.
The weeks leading up to Christmas can be a hectic time which can leave us feeling stressed and depleted. During this half-day retreat we will use the combined effects of our yoga practice and the sound bath to revitalise the body and calm the mind.
To begin with we will explore a deeply relaxing and nourishing yoga practice that will focus on the more yin elements from Hatha yoga (although being a Winter practice we will still include warming postures), combined with elements from yin yoga itself. This will include time for meditation, pranayama and relaxation and after a short tea break (refreshments will be provided) we will come together for a relaxing and restorative Gong and sound bath.
This half-day retreat is intended as a “mini escape” from the hectic pace around Christmas, a chance to focus on your own needs in terms of mind, body and spirit as well as to have some peace and quiet away from your otherwise busy lives. The morning is intended to leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
The setting is very tranquil in a beautiful little village so there really will be a sense of getting away from it all even if just for a few hours. We have exclusive use of the venue so it will provide a lovely setting for some rest and rejuvenation.
I look forward to sharing this half-day retreat with you all. Namaste ૐ
Early bird price (until 10 November 2019): £25
Standard price: £30
What to bring:
- A yoga mat – please bring your own yoga mat. I have so much to bring with me that I can no longer fit additional yoga mats into my little car. If you need any advice on which yoga mat to get or where to buy one please ask me or read my blog post about buying your first yoga mat.
- A blanket (to keep nice and warm in relaxation)
- A cushion (just any cushion from your sofa – to use for comfort in meditation and/or relaxation)
- An item to place on our altar (optional). If you wish you can bring a small item to place on our altar that will absorb the positive energies and vibrations of the morning to take home with you. This could be a crystal, an item of sentimental value, a photo of a loved one or someone who needs healing, an item belonging to someone else who can then benefit from the energies of our time together. There are no rules, just whatever you wish to bring.
- Please bring a mug along for tea/drinks
- An open mind, a willing heart and a smile ૐ
The Meadow Room,
The Street, Cobham, Kent
DA12 3BZ (This IS the postcode for the venue but a few people last time said that their sat navs took them to a nearby cricket ground so do be aware of the street name when coming. It is right near the pub The Leather Bottle and “The Street” itself is really not very long so it is easy to find but allow time for finding the venue if you haven’t been before.
If you zoom in on the map below it gives a really clear description of the locality. It is about 15/20 minutes drive from Dartford.
There is ample parking adjacent to the hall – enough for over 30 cars. Please note that as we have exclusive use of the hall on the day the hall manager has advised me that it is perfectly okay to park in the disabled bays and on the hatched areas (if need be) as these are just for use of hall users and not the general public.
How to book:
Places are limited to 24 people and bookings will only be taken with payment. As these tend to be quite popular events I will require payment to confirm your booking. You can pay by cash or bank transfer (please contact me for details).
Bookings can be made directly with me in class or you can contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & conditions:
I am fully aware that eventualities often arise and as such the following T&Cs apply:
In the event of cancellation
– 15 days or more prior to the workshop: 100% of your payment will be refunded.
– 8-14 days prior to the workshop: 50% of your payment will be refunded.
– 7 days or less prior to the workshop: payments are non-refundable.
Please note that I am happy for you to transfer your place to a friend if you are unable to attend. If this is the case please do still inform me of the change of attendee.
These T&Cs are in place as late cancellations make it very difficult to reallocate spaces that would otherwise have been filled. In the event that you cancel late but I am able to find someone else to take your place then I will refund your payment.