Beltane Half-Day Yoga Retreat
Sunday 28th April 2019 – 10.30am to 1.30pm
[Update 14/02/19: I have already started taking bookings for this event]
In order to bridge the gap between our Spring Equinox and Summer Solstice Yoga Gatherings I have decided to host a half-day yoga retreat around the time of Beltane, thus offering another opportunity to honour and connect to the rhythms and cycles of the natural world.
For those who are not familiar with the festival of Beltane, which falls on 1st May, this is an ancient Celtic festival which represents the halfway point between the Spring Equinox and the Summer Solstice. Known as both a “Fire Festival” and the festival of fertility and new beginnings, it symbolises fertility, growth, and the movement towards summer, moving out of the darkness and towards the light. It is a celebration of the potency of the earth and the forces of nature and is the beginning of the most active part of the year and the beginning of summer.
This half-day retreat will offer you the chance to delve a little deeper into your yoga practice without having to commit to a full day and to help you feel blissfully rested and yet energised. We will explore an extended yoga practice in the morning which will contain both “yin” and “yang” elements befitting both to being a Sunday morning as well as supporting the festival of Beltane. This practice will also include time for some meditation, pranayama and relaxation.
We will then take a short tea break (refreshments will be provided) before coming together for a relaxing and restorative Gong and sound bath.
This half-day retreat is intended as a “mini escape” from everyday life, a chance to focus on your own needs in terms of mind, body and spirit as well as to have some peace and quiet away from your otherwise busy lives. It is also designed to help support you during this seasonal transition leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
The setting is very tranquil in a beautiful little village so there really will be a sense of getting away from it all even if just for a few hours. We have exclusive use of the venue so it will provide a lovely setting for some rest and rejuvenation.
I look forward to sharing this half-day retreat with you all. Namaste ૐ
Early bird price (until 12 April 2019): £25
Standard price: £30
Please note that places are limited to a maximum of 27 people to ensure that everyone is comfortable in the room. This number has been tried and tested within the room now and is our absolute maximum. Please scroll down for how to book.
What to bring:
- A yoga mat – please bring your own yoga mat. I have so much to bring with me that I can no longer fit additional yoga mats into my little car. If you need any advice on which yoga mat to get or where to buy one please ask me or read my blog post about buying your first yoga mat.
- A blanket (to keep nice and warm in relaxation)
- A cushion (just any cushion from your sofa – to use for comfort in meditation and/or relaxation)
- An item to place on our altar (optional). If you wish you can bring a small item to place on our altar that will absorb the positive energies and vibrations of the morning to take home with you. This could be a crystal, an item of sentimental value, a photo of a loved one or someone who needs healing, an item belonging to someone else who can then benefit from the energies of our time together. There are no rules, just whatever you wish to bring.
- Please bring a mug along for tea/drinks
- An open mind, a willing heart and a smile ૐ
The Meadow Room,
The Street, Cobham, Kent
If you zoom in on the map below it gives a really clear description of the locality.
It is about 15/20 minutes drive from Dartford and very easy to find – just have a quick look at Google Maps beforehand but I found it no problem at all and I am not a great lover of driving!
Parking: There is ample parking adjacent to the hall – enough for over 30 cars. Please note that as we have exclusive use of the hall on the day the hall manager has advised me that it is perfectly okay to park in the disabled bays and on the hatched areas (if need be) as these are just for use of hall users and not the general public.
How to book:
Places are limited to a maximum of 27 people and bookings will only be taken with payment. As these tend to be quite popular events I will require payment to confirm your booking. You can pay by cash or bank transfer (please contact me for details).
Bookings can be made directly with me in class or you can contact me via email: email@example.com or by phone/text on 07932 621415
Terms & conditions:
I am fully aware that eventualities often arise and as such the following T&Cs apply:
In the event of cancellation
– 15 days or more prior to the workshop: 100% of your payment will be refunded.
– 8-14 days prior to the workshop: 50% of your payment will be refunded.
– 7 days or less prior to the workshop: payments are non-refundable.
Please note that I am happy for you to transfer your place to a friend if you are unable to attend. If this is the case please do still inform me of the change of attendee.
These T&Cs are in place as late cancellations make it very difficult to reallocate spaces that would otherwise have been filled. In the event that you cancel late but I am able to find someone else to take your place then I will refund your payment.