Autumn Rejuvenation Yoga Day Retreat
Sunday 22nd September 2019 – 10.30am to 4.30pm
*This is my last full-day yoga retreat for this year and my last for a while. Currently 8 spaces left. Early bird pricing until 25th August.
I am holding this yoga day retreat around the time of the Autumn Equinox as it always feels auspicious to hold these “group” events around these times of seasonal transition. By staying close to the rhythms of nature we are reminded that we are part of a much bigger picture and we also get to benefit from the high energy around these transitions in the year particularly when we come together as a group with a shared intention.
The Autumn Equinox represents a point of balance between the Summer Solstice and the Winter Solstice. Autumn is thus a period of transition from the more “yang” and active summer months to the more “yin” and slower winter months. In itself it is a “yin” season as everything starts to slow down. All around us change is clear to see in this season: changes in weather and in nature, days become shorter, rhythms shift and we begin to move towards a more mellow, softer time, encouraging us to look inwards and reflect.
We will start our day together with an energising Hatha yoga class in the morning to get our energy up and warm our bodies. This will also include time for meditation and relaxation.
We will then take a short break for lunch together after our morning session. Similar to my previous yoga day retreats I would ask that you bring your own lunch with you, however, I will be providing various teas, coffee, juices, water as well as biscuits, nibbles and healthy snacks, etc. for everyone to enjoy. We have access to a kitchen so there will be a fridge there if anyone needs to keep their lunch in the fridge!
The afternoon will include a nourishing and relaxing Yin yoga session, pranayama and a sound bath which will include a whole host of my many instruments including my drums, Koshi chimes, Quartz and Tibetan singing bowls and my wonderful Gongs.
The whole day is structured to allow for plenty of “you” time and peace and quiet away from your otherwise busy lives. It is also designed to help support you during this seasonal transition leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
As with previous days, the idea behind the day is to allow for plenty of “you” time and peace and quiet away from your otherwise busy lives. The setting is very tranquil in a beautiful little village so there really will be a sense of getting away from it all. We also have exclusive use of the venue so it will provide a lovely setting for some rest and rejuvenation.
Cost of the day:
Early bird price (until 25 August 2019): £45
Standard price: £50
Please note that places are limited to 24 people to ensure that everyone is comfortable in the room. Please scroll down for how to book.
What to bring:
- A yoga mat – please bring your own yoga mat. I have so much to bring with me that I can no longer fit additional yoga mats into my little car. If you need any advice on which yoga mat to get or where to buy one please ask me or read my blog post about buying your first yoga mat.
- A blanket (to keep nice and warm in relaxation and also to use as a prop during our yin yoga practice)
- A cushion (just any cushion from your sofa – again to use for comfort in meditation and/or as a prop)
- Please bring any yoga blocks and/or straps, bolsters, etc. that you may already have. No need to buy any specifically though as I will bring all my props with me
- An item to place on our altar – so this is optional. If you wish you can bring a small item to place on our altar that will absorb the positive energies and vibrations of the day to take home with you. This could be a crystal, an item of sentimental value, a photo of a loved one or someone who needs healing, an item belonging to someone else who can then benefit from the energies of our day together. There are no rules, just whatever you wish to bring. It is not imperative though – just if you want to!
- A packed lunch
- Please bring a mug along for tea/drinks
- An open mind, a willing heart and a smile ૐ
The Meadow Room,
The Street, Cobham, Kent
If you zoom in on the map below it gives a really clear description of the locality.
It is about 15/20 minutes drive from Dartford and very easy to find – just have a quick look at Google Maps beforehand.
Parking: There is ample parking right next to the hall – enough for over 30 cars. Please note that as we have exclusive use of the hall on the day the hall manager has advised me that it is perfectly okay to park in the disabled bays and on the hatched areas (if need be) as these are just for use of hall users and not the general public.
How to book:
Please note that places are limited to 24 people, and as such payment is required to confirm your booking. You can pay by cash or bank transfer (please contact me for details). Bookings can be made directly with me in class or you can contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone/text on 07932 621415
Terms & conditions:
I am fully aware that eventualities often arise and as such the following T&Cs apply:
In the event of cancellation
– 15 days or more prior to the workshop: 100% of your payment will be refunded.
– 8-14 days prior to the workshop: 50% of your payment will be refunded.
– 7 days or less prior to the workshop: payments are non-refundable.
Please note that I am happy for you to transfer your place to a friend if you are unable to attend. If this is the case please do still inform me of the change of attendee.
These T&Cs are in place as late cancellations make it very difficult to reallocate spaces that would otherwise have been filled. In the event that you cancel late but I am able to find someone else to take your place then I will refund your payment.